• Eric Titus

LUEB Minutes/Procès-verbal, BESL

CANSA LUEB Minutes

Bargaining, January 15-16, 2020



In Attendance:


  • President - Jim Walker

  • Financial Secretary - Greg Phelan

  • EVP - Eric Titus

  • Marie Gerroir

  • Dan Flokstra (between meetings)

  • Jeff Redmond

  • Scott English

  • Sebastian Conroy

  • Mike Dwyer (Day 1)

  • Charles Warford

  • Shawn Buffington (Day 2)


1. Agenda

  • Financial Information – Trustee Report

  • Education

  • Elections Chair

  • Review of Subscriptions

  • Conference Calls


2. Agenda Item 1 – Financial Information – Trustee Report

  • Greg went over the Trustee Report and Finances with the LUEB

  • Trustees met in Sept and went over Jan-Jun 2019

  • Went over Recommendations from Trustees

  • LUEB provided answers to give to Trustees

  • Eric to type them up

  • Next Trustee meeting is Jan 29 and 30 in Vancouver

  • Greg moves Eric to attend Trustee Meeting

  • Charles Seconds

  • This is for the New EVP to see how it is done

  • Gives Greg a chance to go over finances with Eric and explain how the process is handled

  • Eric is there as an observer

  • Can ask question to find out process

  • All in favour


3. Agenda Item 2 – Education

  • Education Committee

  • Consists of President, Executive Vice President, Financial Secretary and one other.

  • Other is currently Scott English who was voted in at 2012 Convention

  • Education Committee approved training for Local Shop Stewards.

  • Course will be ‘3-day Grievance Handling & Workplace Leadership’

  • Local RVP to forward names and work email for the Shop Stewards.

  • Eric will contact and ask if they would like to volunteer to take the course

  • Completely optional, not mandatory

  • Question was raised about doing Day for Days for operational staff on days off

  • The practice of the Local is to pay for days of regularly scheduled work. This is how we operate for the RVP’s as well.

  • If this is a concern, the member may opt out and take a course when offered at a more convenient time.

  • To date, 2 from Vancouver and 2 from Edmonton are booked on a course

  • These were first 2 courses offered by Regional Unifor

  • Both are in February

  • Rest to be scheduled as they become available in the Regions


4. Agenda Item 3 – Elections Chair

  • Scott English had to step down as Elections Chair as the Bylaws do not allow anyone to hold 2 positions.

  • Currently position is vacant

  • No rules in Bylaws on how to staff when vacated part way through a term

  • Plan to add them in at next Convention

  • LUEB needs to appoint a replacement until Convention

  • Could Greg do it as he did for last election?

  • No, his position is up for re-election

  • Critical elections coming up

  • Need knowledge

  • Need transparency

  • Do we want to have an LUEB member take over the duties as they are all elected officials or find someone outside?

  • 5 in favour of inside. 1 in favour of outside. 4 abstain as they are affected by decision.

  • Jeff moves that Scott assumes the Elections Chair duties until Convention

  • Marie Seconds

  • Scott has done the duty for years and understands the system used.

  • Not two positions as he is just covering the duties

  • All in favour – Greg/Scott/Jim abstain because they are either up for election in fall or the subject of the vote

  • Charles proposes that all RVP’s act as Election Committee under Scott to guarantee transparency

  • Eric Seconds

  • All in favour


5. Agenda Item 4 – Review of Software Subscriptions

  • Currents Subscriptions the Union has:

  • QuickBooks

  • Dropbox

  • Google Suite

  • This is for email accounts

  • Simply Voting

  • Wix

  • For Website

  • All services are still needed.

  • Additional subscription to be added

  • Adobe Acrobat to edit PDF’s

  • Could purchase Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 for $450/USD

  • Already 2 years out of date

  • No updates for this version

  • Monthly subscription Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is $14.99/USD/Month

  • Up to date version

  • Regular updates

  • Jeff moves we get a monthly subscription to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

  • Greg Seconds

  • All in favour


6. Agenda Item 5 – Conference Calls

  • Google Suites gives us the option to use Google Meets

  • Have used for last year

  • Uses data

  • Not always clear

  • Some buffering issues

  • EVP has Conference Numbers through Bell

  • Charged per person per minute

  • Typical call is about $30

  • Clear calls

  • Jim moves to use Conference Numbers for calls

  • Eric Seconds

  • All in favour


Meeting Adjourned.



Présences

  • Président – Jim Walker

  • Secrétaire financier – Greg Phelan

  • VPE – Eric Titus

  • Marie Gerroir

  • Dan Flokstra (entre les réunions)

  • Jeff Redmond

  • Scott English

  • Sebastian Conroy

  • Mike Dwyer (jour 1)

  • Charles Warford

  • Shawn Buffington (jour 2)


Ordre du jour

  • Information financière – Rapport des syndics

  • Éducation

  • Présidence du comité d’élection

  • Revue des abonnements logiciels

  • Conférences téléphoniques


Point 1 – Information financière – Rapport des syndics

  • Greg a passé le rapport des syndics et les finances en revue avec le BESL.

  • Les syndics se sont réunis en septembre pour revoir la période janvier-juin 2019.

  • Recommandations des syndics passées en revue.

  • Le BESL a donné des réponses à donner aux syndics.

  • Eric va les dactylographier et leur envoyer.

  • Prochaine réunion des syndics les 29 et 30 janvier à Vancouver.

  • Il est proposé par Greg qu’Eric assiste à la réunion des syndics.

  • Appuyé par Charles.

  • Pour que le nouveau VPE puisse observer comment cela fonctionne.

  • Donne à Greg la chance de passer les finances en revue avec Eric et de lui expliquer le processus.

  • Eric serait là en tant qu’observateur.

  • Pourra poser des questions sur le processus.

  • Adopté à l’unanimité.


Point 2 – Éducation

  • Comité d’éducation

  • Composé du président, du vice-président exécutif, du secrétaire financier et d’un autre membre.

  • À l’heure actuelle, l’autre membre est Scott English qui y a été élu au Congrès de 2012.

  • La formation de délégués a été approuvée par le Comité d’éducation.

  • Cours de 3 jours sur le traitement des griefs et le leadership en milieu de travail.

  • Les VPR proposeront des noms et adresses courriel professionnelles de délégués possibles.

  • Eric fera des démarches pour savoir s’ils sont intéressés à suivre le cours.

  • Sur une base tout à fait volontaire, pas d’obligation.

  • Question soulevée à propos de la rémunération des membres opérationnels en congé.

  • La pratique de la section locale est de payer les jours normalement travaillés, c’est ainsi que cela fonctionne pour les VPR aussi.

  • Si cela pose un problème, le membre peut choisir de se retirer et de prendre le cours à un moment où cela lui convient mieux.

  • À ce jour, 2 de Vancouver et 2 d’Edmonton sont inscrits à un cours.

  • C’étaient les 2 premiers cours offerts par le bureau régional d’Unifor.

  • Les deux sont en février.

  • Les autres seront inscrits quand des cours seront offerts dans les régions concernées.


Point 3 – Présidence du Comité d’élection

  • Scott English a dû démissionner de sa fonction de président du Comité d’élection, et les Règlement n’autorisent pas le cumul de deux fonctions.

  • À l’heure actuelle, la fonction est vacante.

  • Rien n’est prévu dans les Règlements pour combler cette fonction en milieu de mandat.

  • Cet ajout sera proposé au prochain Congrès.

  • Le BESL doit nommer un remplaçant jusqu’au Congrès.

  • Greg pourrait-il remplacer, comme pour la dernière élection?

  • Non, parce qu’il se représente à sa fonction.

  • Des élections importantes s’en viennent.

  • Il faut les connaissances nécessaires.

  • Il faut de la transparence.

  • Voulons-nous qu’un membre du BESL assume cette fonction, sachant que tous les membres du BESL sont des dirigeants élus? Ou voulons-nous faire appel à quelqu’un de l’extérieur?

  • 5 en faveur d’aller à l’interne, 1 en faveur d’aller à l’externe, 4 abstentions parce qu’affectés par la décision à prendre.

  • Il est proposé par Jeff que Scott exerce la fonction de président du Comité d’élection jusqu’au Congrès.

  • Appuyé par Marie.

  • Scott a assumé cette fonction pendant des années et comprend le système utilisé.

  • N’assumera pas deux fonctions, puisqu’il ne fera qu’effectuer les tâches nécessaires.

  • Adopté à l’unanimité (abstention de Greg et Jim parce qu’ils vont se représenter, et de Scott qui fait l’objet du vote)

  • Il est proposé par Charles que tous les VPR siègent au Comité d’élection sous la direction de Scott pour garantir la transparence.

  • Appuyé par Eric.

  • Adopté à l’unanimité.


Point 4 – Revue des abonnements logiciels

  • À l’heure actuelle, le syndicat est abonné à :

  • QuickBooks

  • Dropbox

  • Google Suite

  • Pour les comptes de courriel

  • Simply Voting

  • Wix

  • Pour le site Web

  • Tous ces services sont encore nécessaires.

  • Abonnement que l’on pourrait ajouter :

  • Adobe Acrobat pour modifier les fichiers PDF

  • On pourrait acheter Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 pour 450 $US.

  • Date déjà de 2 ans.

  • Pas de mise à jour pour cette version.

  • L’abonnement à Adobe Acrobat Pro DC est 14,99 $US par mois.

  • Version à jour.

  • Mises à jour régulières.

  • Il est proposé par Jeff de s’abonner à Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

  • Appuyé par Greg.

  • Adopté à l’unanimité.


Point 5 – Conférences téléphoniques

  • La suite Google offre l’option Meet.

  • Utilisée pendant l’année écoulée.

  • Utilise de la bande passante.

  • Son pas toujours clair.

  • Quelques problèmes de décalage.

  • Le VPE a des numéros de conférence avec Bell.

  • Facturation par personne par minute.

  • Coût de l’appel type d’environ 30 $.

  • Son clair.

  • Il est proposé par Jim d’utiliser les numéros de conférence.

  • Appuyé par Eric.

  • Adopté à l’unanimité.


Ajournement

18 views