Nav Bulletin Pay delay
NAV CANADA announced the conclusion of collective bargaining with Unifor, Local 1016.
New Pay Rates
The arbitration decision of April 19, 2018 provides for a collective agreement that will run from July 1, 2017 until June 30, 2019 and provides for wage increases of 4% on July 1, 2017 and 3% on July 1, 2018.
It was anticipated that new rates of pay would be ready for implementation on the pay of May 30, 2018. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we’ve had to delay the implementation by one pay period.
The new rates will be implemented for the pay period of May 31, 2018 to June 13, 2018 and will be reflected on the employee paycheque or direct deposit dated June 13, 2018.
Retroactive Adjustment for Wage Increases
· The retroactive payment covering the period of July 1, 2017 to May 30, 2018 is currently being calculated.
· Payment for active and former eligible employees is targeted for August 22, 2018.
· Employees who retire between July 1, 2017 and May 30, 2018 may receive their first pension payment based on their old rates of pay. Retiree pension payments will be adjusted by October 1, 2018 along with a retroactive payment as required.
· To assist employees and eligible former employees in understanding the calculation of the “gross amount” of their retroactive payment, Payroll Operations is forwarding a separate statement to each of them along with the pay statement for August 22, 2018. This statement will provide a breakdown of the retroactive adjustment.
· Retroactive payments are subject to the following deductions:
· Income Tax
· Canada/Quebec Pension plan
· Employment Insurance
· Québec Parental Insurance Plan
· NAV CANADA Pension Plan
· Long-Term Disability Plan
Other retroactive payments such as extra duty and leave payments are also subject to the above deductions with the exception of the NAV CANADA Pension Plan.
Active and former employees have the option of having their retroactive entitlements or a portion thereof, transferred to a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) account, a Spousal RRSP or the NAV CANADA Group RRSP / TFSA.
For information on an RRSP transfer, see the attached document titled RRSP Transfer Requests. The deadline for returning the appropriate RRSP/TFSA forms is July 20, 2018.
For More Information
For more details or clarification with respect to the information provided in this bulletin, please contact Payroll Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org your Pay & Benefit Advisor Christine Sabourin at email@example.com.
Jeanne d’Arc (J.D.) Crowe Payroll Operations Manager | Gestionnaire, Opérations de la paye NAV CANADA