TENTATIVE AGREEMENT HIGHLIGHTS
CANSA and NAV Canada agree to renew the current collective agreement, the terms and conditions of which shall include the following:
The existing provisions of the current collective agreement, subject to the following amendments:
Duration, 4 years from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2023
2. WAGES AND PREMIUMS
The following increases will be applied to all current salaries, evening, midnight, weekend premiums, as well as OJT premiums:
Effective July 1, 2019: 3%
Effective July 1, 2020: 3%
Effective July 1, 2021: 3%
Effective July 1, 2022: 3%
Wages and premiums retroactive to July 1, 2019 will apply to all current employees and applicable to employees who have retired since July 1, 2019.
3. END OF CAREER LEAVE PROGRAM TRIAL
The parties agree to a trial for the life of the collective agreement under the following conditions:
1) Employees who participate in this program must have achieved at least 20 years of service;
2) Compensatory time banked but not used by March 31st may be paid out at the employee’s request or transferred in whole or in part to be locked into the End of Career Leave Program;
3) Once locked in, this bank cannot be paid out;
4) Employees may bank up to the equivalent of 6 calendar months of End of Career Leave;
5) Employees must provide at least six (6) months’ notice prior to the start of the End of Career Leave Program and irrevocably retire from NAV CANADA at the end of their End of Career Leave.
4. CLARIFICATION AND IMPROVEMENT TO STAFFING ARTICLE
Improvements to the staffing article which provide clarity for employees. Equal opportunity for mobility between the ATOS and OTS groups under the new National Bid Program Trial. Relocation moratorium for National Bid and Seniority Bid processes for years 3 and 4 of the contract (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2023).
5. ADDITONAL CLC LEAVE CATEGORIES
Additional leave categories added to the collective agreement:
Leave for Traditional Aboriginal Practices
Leave Related to Death and Disappearance of a Child
Leave for Victims of Family Violence
Compassionate Care Leave
6. GROUP SAVINGS PLAN TRANSFER
Employees participating in the group savings plan shall be entitles to transfer at year end, any banked Compensatory, LIEU or Vacation credits that would otherwise be paid out.
7. ADVANCE ON DEATH BENEFIT
In the event of the death of an active employee, the employee’s estate shall be provided with a loan in the amount of $15,000 to cover immediate expenses. The loan shall be recovered from any subsequent payments due to the estate.
8. PRODUCTIVITY GAINS
The parties agree to closed period discussions to review the potential productivity sharing models.
9. WOMEN’S FORUM
The parties agree to meet following ratification to explore the creation of a Women’s Forum to facilitate dialogue around matters of interest to women in the bargaining unit.
10. TELEWORK ARRANGEMENT
Where operational requirements permit, an employee may be granted permission to work on an ad hoc basis at an alternate location separate and distinct from an official workplace of NAV CANADA. Such approval will not be unreasonably withheld.
11. COMPENSATORY LEAVE CARRY OVER
Compensatory leave with pay, which is earned within the three (3) month period immediately preceding the end of the leave year, may be carried over for a further three (3) months. After the additional three (3) month period any unused leave shall be paid out at the level at which it was earned.
12. PERSONAL AND FAMILY-RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
Expanded language surrounding the use of Leave with Pay for Personal and Family-Related Responsibilities.