• Jean Levasseur

Local Union Executive Board Meeting January 8, 2018



Unifor 1016 LUEB Minutes

Teleconference, January 8, 2018

In Attendance

  • Jim Walker

  • Christine Cassey

  • Jean Levasseur

  • Eric Titus

  • Marie Gerroir

  • Andre Lauzon

  • Mike Dwyer

  • Tara Amsen

  • Greg Phelan

Conference Call Number

  • Currently testing the Google Hangouts App which is included with our business emails

  • Using headphones with a mic will help for those in public places

  • Ability to use video or just voice

  • Can use from a computer or a smartphone

  • The Conference calling was quite expensive and getting business emails to use this app was intended as a cost savings measure

  • We will continue to use this for the next call and see how it goes

1-800 Number

  • Historically we have had a fax, office and 1-800 number

  • Do we need these?

  • Fax was mainly for Unifor who seem to be moving to email

  • Not sure how much the office number was used with the amount of travel involved

  • Most Reps say they used Shawn’s cell number only

  • Jim will continue with just a cell number and see if more is required

  • *Jean will ensure website contact info is current. Will require a photo of Greg

Winnipeg VP Election

  • Should we accelerate the process? Unanimously approved

  • Use simply voting

  • Plan for a call to go out Monday, January15. Nominations open January 22. Voting opens January 29. One week for each step.

  • Concern about ATOS leave in Winnipeg. Jim will check and let us know if we need to change those dates

  • Also need to be sure this time frame works for the Elections Chair

Bargaining Update

  • Jim and Christine are meeting with Joel and Unifor’s lawyer tomorrow to discuss the brief

  • This process is really to just restate what is important and why. Not introducing anything new. Reviewing the list of outstanding items already given to the arbitrator

  • Can the LUEB see the brief before it goes to arbitrator Tom Hodges? Jim to discuss with Joel

Convention Location

  • Convention is scheduled for fall 2018

  • Suggested locations?

  • Montreal

  • Vancouver

  • Whistler

  • Niagara Falls

  • Muskoka

  • Convention is where the union decides how to conduct business by amending our By-Laws

  • Suggestions can be submitted via the website

  • Christine will put written instructions in a bulletin

  • Everyone needs to review the timelines for convention elections and bylaw suggestions prior to our February conference call

Business Cards

  • Who needs new cards?

  • Jim

  • Greg

  • Christine

  • Will use Vistaprint. Christine to design and order

June UMC/LUEB

  • Jim and Christine have been discussing how to conduct business going forward

  • Would like to hold local UMC’s and union meetings at each site and then get the entire team together in Ottawa for a face to face LUEB and a national UMC

  • Plan to set a date in June and work back from there to visit each site

  • Currently YEG is booked with plans being made for Vancouver

  • The week of the 11-15 work best for the LUEB

Other Business

  • YVR

  • Hiring 1 ATOS

  • Would like Tony to be included in interview process

  • Jim to explore that possibility

  • YEG

  • Where to send local unit fund report?

  • Send to Greg, he can forward if required

  • New trustees inquiring about training

  • Christine to explore

  • Michelle is meeting with Greg this Monday to transition her role

  • YYZ/YUL/YQX

  • All have outstanding OTS grievances to be sent to level 2 with Jim’s approval

  • Christine will show Jim the software and get him on to it as a user

TO DO-All LUEB

  • Review the Bylaws and timelines for elections and submissions for convention before next call

  • Get your Unit Fund Reports in to Greg at financialsecretary@unifor1016.ca

  • Keep pushing people to the website

ADJOURNED

Click here if you want to download the minutes!

#bargaining #Bargaining #Négociations #Élections #elections #convention

0 views